Chester Zoo is one of the world’s top zoos, and the UK’s number one wildlife attraction, covering 110 acres of award winning gardens. Annual visitor numbers are in the region of 1.4 million.
The visitor catering at Chester Zoo is significant and includes a number of fixed site restaurants as well as kiosks, coffee shops, a pub and an external BBQ area.
We have recently undertaken a detailed operational review of the visitor catering, along with providing recommendations for their development to optimise the visitor experience as well as the financial return to the Zoo.
Advice & support has included:
- Organisational objectives determined
- Research – national & local
- Catering & food trends – general
- Leisure & retail food & beverage trends
- Competition analysis
- Detailed operational review of visitor catering
- Detailed benchmarking & financial review
- Staffing structure assessment
- Detailed recommendations – quick wins & mid term/strategic