Montfort Catering Consultants are supporting 270 Climbing Park, a £7 million climbing park currently being developed on the edge of the Cotswolds, with a food and beverage feasibility, conceptual and business planning advice.
Situated between Cheltenham and Gloucester on the edge of the Cotswolds and due to open in 2022, 270 Climbing Park will be one of the best climbing and activity facilities in the country.
The vision is “to create an outstanding activity centre incorporating world-class climbing facilities; an exciting tourist destination with indoor and outdoor adventure activities for all ages and abilities”.
Activities and facilities will include:
- Indoor climbing including a 15.5m free standing climbing centrepiece with Olympic standard speed climbing as well as 30 self-belay routes.
- Large viewing and relaxation area.
- Viewing gallery from café.
- Outdoor climbing and bouldering, including 2 speed climb walls to IFSC standard and 650m2 of climbing surface.
- Sports Dome & Gym with multipurpose sports courts, personal training rooms, therapy rooms, dance/yoga studio within 2,700m2 floorspace.
- Outdoor adventure including 22m2 high activity centre, three-tier ropes course, zip wires, low ropes course, 70m long via ferrata trial as well as a shack selling refreshments.
- Café-bar – visits to some of the best climbing centres in Europe identified amazing food and beverage facilities – so they’ve been major influencers for the new café at 270 Climbing Park.
- Accommodation includes two dedicated camping pod areas, one for schools and youth groups and one for visiting climbers, friends and families.
Montfort Catering Consultants have been supporting 270 Climbing Park determine the conceptual and operating parameters for the new café within this world-class climbing and activities venue. This has included defining menu, production and service requirements for the café as well as detailing the future management options for the café and wider food and beverage operation.
We have also projected future visitor demand and the business case for the café and wider visitor catering operation.
In conjunction with our design partners we have further supported with initial space configuration and design parameters for the café and wider visitor catering.
If you’re looking for support to develop your leisure venue café or would like to discuss how we could support you improve the potential of your existing food and beverage operation, financial return and visitor experience, do get in touch for an informal talk with a qualified catering consultant.
Posted on June 20th, 2021