Montfort Catering Consultants have recently undertaken an independent workplace catering operational and financial review across a large campus for an East Midlands County Council.
There are circa 2,000 employees across the campus and the council has an in-house catering operation comprising a food court and restaurant as well as providing catering for civic events and wider functions and events. The council’s objective for the catering service is to provide value for money and engage with the maximum number of customers while maximising profitability.
Our catering consultant support and services have included:
- Stakeholder engagement – senior management, focus groups & catering management & team
- Catering & food service trends & relevance
- Catering operational review
– quantitative & qualitative across different days & service periods
– a quality performance audit
– review of service & product offerings
– customer needs & expectations analysis
– added value opportunities
- Food Court & Restaurant design & environmental review & recommendations
- Catering financial review, benchmark & potential
- Marketing & merchandising review & recommendations
- Catering department organisational structure, management review & recommendations
- Detailed report & recommendations setting out practical advice & implementable solutions
The recommendations and advice have been well received and are in the process of being implemented. To discuss how we could develop your catering operation do get in touch.
Posted on January 10th, 2019