Z-arts is Manchester’s dedicated venue for children, families and friends, with a mission to inspire and enable generations of young people from across Manchester and beyond to utilise their creativity to maximise their potential.
Z-arts run 18 different weekly participatory classes in all art forms for children aged 0-13 in their artistic hub which houses a 230 seat theatre, gallery, music room, dance studio and various activity rooms as well as a busy café.
The iconic Edwardian building was redeveloped as a multi-purpose arts centre in 2002 and the organisation has recently shifted its emphasis to become Manchester’s venue for children and families. As such, the aim is to make some improvements to the building to better serve the needs of visitors and make a more family friendly environment with a more light and airy feel to the café, reception and gallery areas.
Montfort Catering Consultants have recently been supporting Z-arts determine outline considerations for the future food and beverage operation within a redeveloped building. Specifically this has included defining the most appropriate operation to initially support a funding application as well as acting as a guide for the design planning. Specifically we have supported with:
- Determining the future aspirations and objectives for the café.
- Assessment of market requirements and environmental factors.
- Future demand, financial potential and business case, benchmarked against a wide range of comparable organisations.
- Food and beverage requirements/considerations.
- Outline conceptual style and operating parameters.
Montfort Catering Consultants
Posted on June 28th, 2017