ZSL Whipsnade Zoo – Visitor Catering Feasibility Study
Founded in 1826, the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is an international scientific, conservation and educational charity whose mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats.
As the UK’s biggest zoo, ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is home to more than 2,500 animals, many of which are endangered in the wild. Located on the Chiltern Hills, near Dunstable, Bedfordshire, the Zoo’s impressive 600 acre site now welcomes over 700,000 visitors a year.
We have recently supported ZSL Whipsnade Zoo with a catering feasibility study to invest in the visitor catering infrastructure to meet the needs of both existing and future visitors.
Advice & support has included:
- Detailed market analysis
- Visitor catering food & drink trends – national & leisure
- Benchmarking & financial potential
- Business planning
- Visitor catering operational SWOT
- Interim visitor catering opportunities
- Visitor catering strategy & investment recommendations
- Management considerations & capital investment requirements