Paisley Town Hall is due to open by October 2023, following a major capital development project. The Town Hall, a 19th century iconic building, will open in time for the Royal National Mod, Scotland’s largest celebration of Gaelic culture and language.
Across four cultural and leisure venues including Paisley Town Hall Montfort Catering Consultants advised with the development of the future operational and management model for visitor catering, hospitality, conferencing and events. The other three cultural and leisure venues:
- Paisley Museum
- Paisley Arts Centre
- Paisley Learning & Cultural Hub
These and other venues are currently undergoing a £100m transformation project.
The work for the Town Hall has included
- Improvements to the main hall including an increased capacity of 1,200 allowing bigger and better events
- Development of a dance studio and screening room
- Introduction of a cafe bar with terrace
- Improved audience experience including improved staging, lighting, seating and better views
- Improved access
Our advice included reviewing the food and beverage and hospitality business plans across these high profile venues; determining opportunities, considerations and risks across the different management models; understanding internal competencies and resources; developing the optimum commercial model and application to each of the management models with a determined financial outturn for each option and a clear recommendation to meet defined objectives.
- Detailed Situation Analysis to determine historic, current position and future opportunities
- Management Options Appraisal to consider in-house, outsourced and hybrid options
- Detailed Financial Modelling to establish financial position for each management option
If you are looking for a catering consultancy to develop your visitor proposition via an appropriately curated food and drink offer able to support a strong commercial return do get in touch.
Posted on September 8th, 2023